If you have decided that you would like give online poker a try, you will be faced with a lot of different choices where to play. As a beginner, you should pick the poker site where you will get the most bang for your buck. When deciding where to play, the following six items are what you should be looking for in a poker site:
1. Wide variety of poker games – Whether you want to play Texas Hold’em, 7-Card Stud, 5-Card Draw or Omaha, the poker site you select should offer all of these games and more.
2. Low stakes for beginners – The best poker sites offer real money betting stakes as low as $0.02, which is very affordable for beginning players as they learn.
3. First time deposit bonuses – Most sites will give you a cash bonus when you deposit real money for the first time for trying their site. The requirement usually is that you play a set number of hands, then the bonus money is yours to keep.
4. Frequent reload deposit bonuses – The best sites will also offer periodical reload deposit bonuses. These work like the first time deposit bonus and all you need to do is deposit money into your account and you will be offered another cash bonus.
5. VIP Club and Benefits – The best poker sites have VIP clubs where you are rewarded for your frequent pay. The benefits offered vary and often include things like computer equipment, i-pods, clothing and gift certificates.
6. Large numbers of players – The best sites have a large number of players who call the site their home for poker, ensuring that there will always be a game ready and waiting when you want to play any time of the day. A site with a lot of players is a strong indicator of a good poker site.
When you find a site with these six characteristics, you will have found a top notch poker site to call home!